CFCPA has compiled a list of useful websites that provide resources on a wide variety of crime prevention topics. The links on this page are not searchable. Please report broken links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services - FDACS
- Check-A-Charity- An online searchable database that provides consumers with registration and financial information for charitable organizations that solicit contributions in Florida.
- Consumer Assistance Center- An informed consumer is the best defense against scams and fraud. The Consumer Assistance Center staff is available to provide consumer information from 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, at 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) or 1-800-FL-AYUDA (352-9832) or via Live Chat at FreshFromFlorida.com.
- File a Complaint- File a Complaint online or request to have a complaint form mailed to you by calling the Consumer Assistance Center at 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) or 1-800-FL-AYUDA (352-9832).
- Florida Do Not Call List- Join the Florida Do Not Call List or report unwanted sales calls.
- Request a Speaker- Request a Speaker, at no cost, for your community or club meeting.
- The A to Z Resource Guide- A online directory to help Floridians find the most appropriate government agency to contact for various issues.
- The Business/Complaint Lookup- An online resource that allows consumers to view businesses' registration and complaint information.
National and International Association Links
Driving Safety and Automotive Information
Floods, Fires, Hurricanes, Earthquakes - Assorted Resources
- 160+ Discounts on Emergency Supplies, Emergency Preparedness courses, and Disaster Preparation
- 9 Affordable Ways to Prep Your Home for Hurricane Season
- A to Z Guide to Security, Safety and Prevention
- DandaLaw - Fire Safety
- Department of Homeland Security - Disaster Planning- Plan Ahead for Disasters.
- Disaster Assistance- The Disaster Assistance Improvement Program’s (DAIP) mission is to provide disaster survivors with information, support, services, and a means to access and apply for disaster assistance through joint data-sharing efforts between federal, tribal, state, local, and private sector partners.
- Disaster Preparation Guide
- Disaster Preparedness for Pets
- Earthquake Recovery Resource Guide
- Emergency Planning - Protect Your Pet
- Essential Guide To Flood Planning & Preparation
- Fire Safety in the Home: Minimize Your Risks & Keep Your Family Safe
- FloodSmart Community Resources
- Guide to Lightning Safety- Resources made available from the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration.
- Guide to Saving Money on Disaster Preparation from Coupon Chief
- Have a House Fire Evacuation Plan
- Homeowners’ Guide to Forest Fires: How to Protect Your Home
- How to Escape a Burning Building
- How to Protect Your Home From Flood Damage
- Hurricane Survival Tips: How to Stay Safe During a Hurricane
- Keeping Business Documents Safe From A Natural Disaster
- Minimizing Damage from Flooding- The guide is from the United Kingdom but relevant to any location.
- Red Cross Disaster Safety Checklist
- Shake Out: 6 Steps to Quake-proof Your Home
- STEM Challenge for Kids - Building Flood Resistant Homes
- WESH 2 News - Local Orlando News on Hurricanes- WESH, a local Central Florida news channel, provides status updates on hurricanes and provides a downloadable hurricane guide and checklist for being prepared.
Holiday Safety Tips
General Addiction Resources
Spanish Language Guides
Resources for Seniors
Other Useful Resources